The Commune of Serock participates in a number of competitions in order to be the subject of an objective assessment and verification. In the past few years it has been awarded numerous prestigious prizes which are the proof of the commune’s appeal and the reliability and qualifications of the Municipal Council staff.
Among many, the following awards have been granted:
- the awards granted by the National Fund for Environment Protection and Water Management for the realization of the tasks in the “Waste disposal on the rural areas” contest in 1997 and 2001;
- the Honourable Golden Oskar ’99 for developing landscape positive aspects and tourist facilities of the region;
- upon the decision of the Awarding Committee of “Community Fair Play – Certified Investment Location” Competition affiliated with the Polish Chamber of Commerce and organized by Foundation "Institute for Private Enterprise and Democracy" (IPED), the Town and the Commune of Serock was awarded “Community Fair Play” Statuette, Title and Certificate in 2004;
- in 2005, upon the decision of the Awarding Committee of “Community Fair Play – Certified Investment Location” Competition affiliated with the Polish Chamber of Commerce and organized by Foundation "Institute for Private Enterprise and Democracy" (IPED), the Town and the Commune of Serock was awarded “Community Fair Play” Statuette, Title and Certificate for the second time in the category of tourist communities. Being awarded “Community Fair Play” title is an honourable mention for the Serock Municipal Council staff engagement in the investors’ service and careful monitoring of the decision gaining time. The most significant benefit of the participation in the programme is Serock’s worldwide promotion in order to find new investors;
- in 2005, Serock Municipal Council was given an honourable mention in the contest for “The Best Lit Community and Town in 2005” in the category of “The Lighting of a Particular Area or Building” for the church illumination in the commune;
- in 2005 Serock took part in a nationwide social campaign “Transparent Poland” whose main organizer is AGORA S.A. Participation in the action is to confirm that in Serock Town Hall public tasks are carried out professionally, thoroughly, following all the rules, norms and regulations. As part of the action, Serock Municipal Council carried out 6 basic and 6 supplementary tasks. All the tasks were completed and assessed by independent experts. Being awarded this kind of certificate is a quality mark for the Municipal Council. Serock was granted “Transparent Poland” Certificate for successful task completion;
- in 2006 the Town and Commune of Serock was awarded “Community Fair Play” title and certificate for the third time in the category of tourist communities. Moreover, upon the decision of the Awarding Committee, Serock was granted an additional honourable mention – the Statuette, for the third time. Thus, our commune obtained the title of “Golden Investment Location” which is granted to those communities which won the competition three times in a particular category;
- in 2006 Serock was given an honourable mention in the continuation of the nationwide social campaign “Transparent Poland”. Being one of the 179 units in Poland, the Commune of Serock joined the action for the second time. The participation in the programme was based on the realization of exact tasks assigned to the following 6 principles of good governance: transparency, preventing corruption, social activity, predictability, professionalism and fund management. The main idea of the action continuation was to strengthen the already implemented solutions and to prolong the changes made in 2005;
- in 2006 Serock was given an honourable mention in the nationwide competition organized by the Employers’ Association of Warsaw and Mazovia for the “The Best Lit Community and Town in 2006”. In the category of “The Lighting of a Particular Area or Building: urban-architectural complex, town’s characteristic buildings and sites”, Serock was rewarded for the investment task titled “The illumination of architectural details and the Town Hall in the Market Square”.
The commune does not rest on its laurels and constantly takes part in new competitions and programmes as well as continues participating in previous actions. These tasks are undertaken in order to present the effectiveness of commune’s activity to the public; furthermore, we would like to show that all the awards and prizes the commune has obtained so far, are the proof that the community enjoys inhabitants, investors and tourists’ good reputation.